Etienne was Special Assistant and Director of Communications for the US Cabinet under President Barack Obama. Now she’s a senior strategic planning advisor to Joe Biden, a candidate she says America won’t have to risk on. For the full interview, listen to Mind and Soul in the Morning here.
Check out our guide to local resources at LeLecteur.com
Today we have stories of election day results, 23 Omaha police officers contracting COVID-19 and Nebraskans are voting to remove slavery from the state constitution.
Best local stories
Check investigation on our website.
- Joe Biden’s pickup from an electoral voice Nebraska’s second congressional district can prove decisive in a surprisingly close presidential election.
- The election results are for the Omaha Public School Board.
- Twenty-three policemen from Omaha have tested positive for COVID-19 as of Monday, according to a spokesperson for the department.
- Late voting results indicated that Maureen Boyle and Mike Friend will be joining the Douglas County Council.
Around the state
- Representative Don Bacon (R) won a rematch on Kara Eastman (D) for the 2nd Congressional District of Nebraska.
- Nebraskains approved three voting initiatives aimed at enabling casino games at six licensed racetracks across the state.
- Voters in Nebraska easily approved a measure to remove the language from the state constitution that provides an exemption to its prohibition of slavery.
- The election results are in contention for the state legislature.
- Nebraska voters overwhelmingly approved a measure to cap the annual interest rate on payday loans at 36%.
What to do during confinement?
From our list of things to do while in confinement:
Take a fall walk in western Nebraska
Discover more coverage online at LeLecteur.com
The Omaha Reader
4734 S 27th St # 1
Omaha, NE 68107