The summer transfer window is here, and there’s a lot of gossip swirling about who’s going where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest buzz on rumours, whereabouts and, of course, deals!
TOP STORY: Raul de Tomas in line for Old Trafford move
Espanyol striker Raul de Tomas is on Manchester United’s radar as the club continue to seek attacking reinforcements. according to Spanish radio COPE.
United have lost their first two Premier League games of the season under new boss Erik ten Hag, losing 2-1 at home to Brighton & Hove Albion on the opening weekend before Saturday’s shock 4-0 defeat at Brentford .
Spain international De Tomas, one of La Liga’s top scorers last season with 17 goals, has been offered to United who are interested in the Espanyol star but are also considering two other candidates to bolster their attack .
A reported target of Real Madrid and Barcelona in recent transfer windows, De Tomas, 27, has a contract with Espanyol until June 2026. Atletico Madrid turned down the option to sign De Tomas when he was offered the opportunity earlier this summer for €40m.
Espanyol have reportedly lowered their demands and are open to a De Tomas move for €25-30m.
Real Madrid’s youth product, De Tomas joined Espanyol in 2020 from Benfica for €22m. He sat out Espanyol’s league opener on Saturday, a 2-2 draw at Celta Vigo.
– ESPN+ guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Stream ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (US only)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
12:27 BST: Chelsea had a £40m offer for Anthony Gordon rejected by Everton, sources have told ESPN’s James Olley.
Blues head coach Thomas Tuchel is keen to bolster his squad with three signings before the transfer window closes next month.
Gordon, who has also attracted interest from Tottenham and Newcastle, is seen as an exciting future prospect who could fill one of three attacking positions in Tuchel’s preferred 3-4-2-1 system. .
Everton continue to insist the 21-year-old is unavailable for transfer and Chelsea will now consider making an improved offer.
Gordon has started both of Everton’s Premier League appearances this season, including an opening weekend loss to Chelsea at Goodison Park. The England Under-21 international made his top flight debut in January 2020 and has made 51 Premier League appearances for Everton so far, scoring four goals.
It remains to be seen whether Chelsea plan to make a more money player proposition in any improved offer.
Julien Laurens and Nedum Onuoha discuss Thomas Tuchel’s offer for Anthony Gordon as Nedum doesn’t see how the Everton player fits into the Chelsea squad at the moment.
11:38 BST: Barcelona remain active in the transfer window despite problems registering their new signings for Saturday’s league opener against Rayo Vallecano, sources have told ESPN’s Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens.
Barca managed to register four of their new signings just in time for this game, but Jules Kounde has not yet been registered with LaLiga. To do this, the Catalan club must first make more space in the spending cap imposed by the league.
Therefore, they continue to work on moving more players. Alex Collado is set to join Elche on loan, while Martin Braithwaite and Samuel Umtiti were also told they could leave the club.
Somewhere else, Memphis Depay is in talks, Juventus and Chelsea are keen to Pierre-Emerick Aubameyangwhile the club remains open to offers from Sergino Dest and Frankie de Jongalthough both players have stressed their desire to stay.
Barca, who can now spend again in a 1:1 ratio (meaning they can reinvest whatever they earn in fees or save on salaries), hope to raise enough money to not only save Koundé, but also win up to three. more signatures.
The club want to agree a deal for Chelsea left-back Marcos Alonso this week maintaining an interest in Manchester City Bernardo Silva and also want to bring in a right-back before the window closes later this month.
10:59 BST: Manchester United have denied reports that the club is likely to end Cristiano Ronaldosources told ESPN’s Rob Dawson.
The Portugal international has been heavily linked with a move away from Old Trafford this summer, but the club remain adamant he won’t leave.
Speaking at a press conference on Friday, ahead of Saturday’s 4-0 defeat at Brentford, Ten Hag said it was ‘hypothesis’ the 37-year-old wanted to move and hinted he had said in private that he wanted to stay.
“It’s your guess. [that Ronaldo wants to leave] – that’s not what he tells me,” Ten Hag said.
“I’m looking after the players we have and we’re planning with him for this season and we’re happy with him and we need to get him into the team so he needs to get to the right level of fitness so he can do the job we expect it to do.
“At every press conference we have already confirmed that he is part of our plans. We are planning with him, so we are also planning around him.”
10:17 BST: Marco Asensio faces a dilemma at Real Madrid, Marca report, with ‘no minutes, no renewal offer and no clear exit’ from the club.
Asensio, 26, scored 10 goals in 31 La Liga appearances last season but hasn’t featured at all in Madrid’s first two games this campaign – their 2-0 UEFA Super Cup win against Spain. Eintracht Frankfurt and a 2-1 league win at Almeria. .
Coach Carlo Ancelotti didn’t rule out anything after the game on Sunday, saying “we’ll have to wait until 31 (August) to see what happens and what he decides.”
According to Marca, Asensio’s problem is that he expected to receive ‘more attractive sporting and financial offers’ after switching to be represented by agent Jorge Mendes, but they haven’t arrived yet.
09:31 BST: Italian left-back Destiny Udogy is set to undergo a medical in London today to complete his move to Tottenham Hotspur from Udinese.
Udogie, 19, will join Spurs in an €18m move, plus €7m in bonuses from Udinese. Once he signs with Spurs, Udogie will return to Udinese where he will play on loan for the 2022-23 campaign.
Udinese signed the Italian U21 starlet on a permanent transfer from Hellas Verona earlier this summer for a fee of €4m after spending last season on loan with the Friuli side.
“I haven’t spoken to him yet,” Udogie told reporters at the airport when asked about Spurs manager Antonio Conte. “The national team is one of my goals and I hope to get there as soon as possible.”
On staying at Udinese this season, Udogie – who is under contract with Udinese until June 2026 – said: “I just want to grow as much as possible and keep giving my best to the team. .”
08:43 BST: Nottingham Forest are interested in signing Tiemoue Bakayoko from Chelsea, reports Calciomercato.
Forest have been the most active club in the transfer market this summer after being promoted to the top flight, and they see the midfielder as an important addition.
Bakayoko is halfway through a two-season loan spell at Serie A club AC Milan, but it didn’t go to plan with just 18 appearances last season. He is not seen as part of the club’s plans for this campaign but they also have an obligation to make the loan a permanent deal at the end of the season.
It means Milan have been looking for solutions, and Forest could be if there can be an agreement over his £93,000-a-week wage.
Bakayoko joined Chelsea from AS Monaco in 2017 but only played 43 games for the club. He is on his second loan spell at Milan and has also had temporary spells at Monaco and Napoli.
08:00 BST: Chelsea are ready to step up their interest in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang before the transfer deadline, reports The Daily Mail.
Aubameyang, 33, has been identified as a player who could help solve Chelsea’s goalscoring problems. He only joined Barca in February after his contract with Arsenal was canceled by mutual consent, and has since scored 11 goals in 13 starts.
Barca have strengthened their attacking line this summer with Raphinha and Robert Lewandowski, while Ousmane Dembele has signed a new contract. The Gabon international was only used as a late substitute in Barca’s goalless draw at home to Rayo Vallecano on Saturday, and could find minutes hard to come by.
Mundo Deportivo report that Aubameyang is happy at Camp Nou but moving him would help Barca financially, especially if he receives around €25m.
– Leeds United consider signing a winger Wilfried Gnonto, reveals Gianluca Di Marzio. Jesse Marsch’s side are currently looking for a replacement for Raphinha after he joined Barcelona, and it is reported that a sum of around €5m would be enough to persuade Zurich to part ways with him. The 18-year-old contributed 11 goals in 33 appearances last season in the Swiss league, and he also represented the Italian national team.
– Abdul Mumin is on the radar of AFC Bournemouth and Fulham, writes Ekrem Konour. Both Premier League sides are looking to improve their centre-back options before the transfer window closes, and it appears they have identified the 24-year-old Vitoria star as a potential solution. The Portuguese side are reportedly ready to accept a transfer offer worth €5m.
– Jakub Kiwior could be set to leave Spezia this summer with AC Milan and West Ham United believed to be in the hunt for his signature. That’s according to Calciomercato, who report that while the Hammers have submitted a €10m offer, the Serie A club are confident they can receive a higher figure for the 22-year-old Poland international defender.
– Everton are interested in landing Armand Brojaaccording SCS. The Toffees have identified the 20-year-old striker as a potential fit with injured Dominic Calvert-Lewin, but Chelsea are reluctant to allow him to leave Stamford Bridge on a permanent deal this summer. Broja came on as a substitute in the Blues’ 2-2 draw with Tottenham on Sunday.
– There’s been a lot of interest in the Internazionale centre-back Milan Skriniarbut the Nerazzurri wish to keep him at San Siro, reports the Gazzetta dello Sport. The 27-year-old centre-back has been linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain, but manager Simone Inzaghi wants to ensure he stays in Italy beyond this summer. Skriniar played 87 minutes on Saturday as Inter beat Lecce 2-1 in their Serie A opener.